The Hunger Games Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May the odds be ever in your favour as you venture through Panem. Hunt in the Woods, fish in the sea, and Fight in the Hunger games!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Refuge (open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 12th 2012, 9:51 am

It was a Saturday morning. Rowan's father had left for work, there was no school to escape to, Rowan was left with her mother, alone. "Rowan! Take the washing in, please!" her mother would cry. Rowan would do as she was told without complaint. "Rowan, you useless sod! You've creased all the washing! Come and iron it!" was the next command. Rowan did as she was told with a bit of grumbling. "Rowan! Put the washing away or it'll crease!" came after that. With a groan, Rowan obliged.

Less than half an hour later, "Rowan! Empty the hampers and do the washing, please!" Rowan stormed through the house, emptying the hampers and scrubbing the clothes clean so vigorously she sliced her finger open on the washing board. "Rowan! Hang the washing up!" followed after ten minutes. "In a second!" Rowan replied. "No, Rowan, now!" her mother told her. "Oh, fine! I'll just bleed all over the clothes and you'll have to wash them again!" Rowan snapped and did just that. After the washing was 'done', Rowan wrapped her finger up and started chiselling away at the trinket box she started last week.

It wasn't long before, "Rowan! Why are the clothes covered in blood?" her mother asked.
"Because I cut my finger open!" Rowan replied sourly.
"Why didn't you put a bandage on first?" her mother condescended.
"Because you didn't give me the chance, you old hag!" Rowan cried and ran from the house, darting towards the trees.

As soon as she was in the cover of the forest, Rowan spoke to herself. "Stupid old hag, hag from hell, why can't she do the washing herself?" she wondered aloud. She knew why, her mother spent her time crafting stuff to sell so that the three of them could eat, and Rowan was grateful. It was just the lack of respect she got from her mother that set her on edge.

Rowan reached the District's boundary fence and was about to turn and walk alongside it but stopped. A rabbit, a few metres away, was wriggling out of the supposedly electrified fence. "Eighteen hours a day this thing should be electrified, that's what Dad said anyway," Rowan mused. Why was the six hours of no electricity in broad daylight? Carefully, Rowan crawled through the wires and ran off into the woods, her heart pounding. This place was supposed to be full of horrific monsters and blood-sucking leeches, but Rowan didn't see a soul. That is, until she came to a little pond and at the other side stood a person.

"Hello," Rowan said tentatively.
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2012, 8:45 pm

(may I join?)
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2012, 9:22 am

((of course Smile you don't need to ask))
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2012, 7:13 pm

(you're district 12 right? ahha I am a bit confused and I have read it all.)
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2012, 8:53 pm

((Sorry! No, Rowan is from District 7, hence her very tree-like name Smile ))
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2012, 12:32 pm

(Okay)

Rose: I stood across from the pond, I saw the person staring at her, and she said hello, btu I had an instinct to run, run far away. But I stayed put, i muttered a hello, sure that she hadn't heard and I sart to slowly back away. I have been on the run for a month now, run from district 12, run and hope no one would spot me. This was my second encounter with a person. At age 21, I had run from my husband. He would have found someone new by now, but I was pregnant and wanting to keep my child away from being Reaped in the hunger games. I wanted my child to be safe. I looked at my stomach quickly. darn i think, I was showing just a biut, I count silently, 5 months.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2012, 4:39 pm

"Sick of your parents too?" Rowan asked with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 21st 2012, 8:09 pm

I walk over to her, and whispher "My parents are dead." I say. "I ran from my district, went the wrong way to find 13 so I stopped here for a bit, you are the first person to find me here." I hoped my cloths were baggy enough to hide my growing stomach. I didn't want to be here for too long knowing that now someone knew that I was here.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 1:17 pm

"Wow! You've been on some journey!" she replied with a grin. "Are you okay? You look rather bony."
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2012, 10:16 pm

I look at her, my seam features were probally showing greatly but i didn't care, "I am used to it." I say smiling at her and pulling at my baggy sweater. I was nervous of her finding out and I only tried to play it off with subtle things. I really wanted to get out of here, go wait the next 4 months, get to the ruins of 13, hope there were actually people there, and have my baby in a free district.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 8:31 am

"Is there anything you need?" Rowan asks. "I could get it for you!"
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 9:54 am

"What do you mean?" I ask wishing I could have just a little food. I had moeny in the bag ove there, I could give her some.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2012, 3:29 pm

"Yeah, like food! My Dad works in the forest as a lumberjack and he's taught me about all the things you can eat out here," I tell her with a smile, bending down and picking up a pink flower with white polka dots. "Like these!" I add and remove the stem before putting the flower in my mouth. It was sweet, refreshing and delicious.
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2012, 11:36 am

I smile at her, maybe i'd be safe here a while. "I'd like that"
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2012, 2:57 pm

"Cool!" I say with a smile and start to pick everything edible I can find. I gather a bundle of edibles and offer them to her. "There you are!" I add.
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 10:28 am

I hesitate but take it and as I reach out the baby kicks and I have to grab my stomach. I close my eyes and bite my lip.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 25th 2012, 4:57 pm

"Are you okay?" I ask as she doubles over in pain.
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 27th 2012, 10:57 am

"I am fine," I lie and stand up. Holding my lower back and pulling at my baggy shirt again.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 28th 2012, 7:31 am

"You're sure?" I ask. "That looked pretty painful!"
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 12:35 pm

"I'm fine," I smile through the kicks. gaah maybe I should have stayed in district 12 until after the baby was born. And then ran when it was old enough to walk.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 12:38 pm

"That must be mighty bad stomach cramps..." I say with a smirk. Then two and two add together. "Wait, are you pregnant?"
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 1:57 pm

I grimace at the word, I look down, "Yeeah." I say lowly. Not even sure if she heard.
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 8:49 am

"What can I do?" I ask, my eyes going wide with fear.
Back to top Go down
FallenInLove

FallenInLove

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 12:34 pm

"I've been fine for the past 5 months," I saw slowly. "I just need to learn the edibles and learn some basic skills for out here."

(question xD ~ who approves the characters for roleplays?)
Back to top Go down
Shannedo

Shannedo

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2012, 3:57 am

((Nox and Gamemakers Smile ))

"Alright," I say and point out a few plants that are edible. "Can you light a fire?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Refuge (open) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Refuge (open)   The Refuge (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Refuge (open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hunger Games Roleplay :: Panem :: The Wilderness-
Jump to: